We currently have no opening for our sales crew but we are seeking employees who can teach in any of the following areas:
Degree in music is preferred, but all applicants must possess a strong ability to read music and must be willing to teach students of all ages. The brass and woodwind positions are only open to those who are able to teach multiple instruments. We are not seeking someone who only teacher Trombone or only teaches oboe, etc.
The guitar position requires some teaching experience and an ability to teach all styles of music with a strong reading ability.
The vocal position requires piano skills which are strong enough to accompany students in our Student Showcases when necessary. Prior vocal instruction, some teaching experience and a degree in music is preferred. Those who are unable to play the piano need not apply.
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We plan to start interviews for these positions on Saturday 2/9/13. These positions are employee positions and not independent contractor status positions.
• Instructors will be expected to teach beginning, intermediate and advanced students, both children and adults, in a fun and educational environment.
• Experience on other instruments is a plus. Ability to accompany students on piano is required for vocal positions!
• Hours are primarily weekdays between 3pm and 9pm and Sundays are available between 11am and 5pm. Teachers may choose their scheduled times.
• These are part-time employee positions held in one of Connecticut’s most established music store studios.
• A friendly and enthusiastic attitude is a must!
• College students with the appropriate background are welcome to apply. Music educators looking for part time after-school work are highly encouraged to apply!Faculty members must encourage all students to perform at two Student Showcase Concerts each year.
• $25.60 per hour.
Careers and Employment at JC Music
JC Music is a private, family-owned business focused on the sales, rental, and service of musical instruments. We are a growing store and we look for energetic, talented individuals who wish to join our team and be committed to our goal, which is to be the number one dealer in our area. With our continued excellent growth, we occasionally have employment opportunities available in sales, management, office, repair service and faculty positions. Our people are definitely our greatest resource, and we’re committed to maintaining a quality level of personnel unequaled in music store retail!
All positions require knowledge of musical instruments along with a solid educational background or pursuit of one. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
We teach over 275 students each week and occasionally we need to add instructors to help prevent any waiting lists for new students.
For most people, music is a very important part of their lives. We feel fortunate to make our livelihood within an area of life that means so much to us. If you are interested in joining a business that is committed to growth and excellence, we would like to talk with you and have you put an application on file. Although we have no present sales openings, we usually hire from the many high quality applications on file and do not advertise.
NOTE: If JC Music is presently seeking qualified applicants for any positions, they are listed below. We do receive approximately 200 applications each year, so we rarely advertise when a position opens. If interested in teaching or becoming a store sales or school educational representative, either send a resume to JC@JCMusicWorld.com or stop by the store and pick up an application or fill out an application in our comfortable café environment.