JC Music Lessons Terms and Conditions
Lessons are $29.00 per 1/2 hour or $52.25 for one-hour lessons. JC Music is a PCI compliant and secure business for transmitting your credit card payments. AutoPay charges are transmitted on the 25th day of each month for the lessons scheduled the following month. The first lesson payment will be charged on the day of enrollment or on the day of the first scheduled lessons, and will cover the remaining lessons for the current month.
This option requires a $20.00 Enrollment Fee for the first family member, or a $14.00 Enrollment Fee if the new student has a family member currently enrolled in our lesson program. Enrollment fees are nontransferable and nonrefundable. Fourteen days written notice is required if you decide to discontinue your enrollment in our lesson program, and this notice must be presented to a JC Music staff member and not the instructor.
Conditions and Education Center Information
- 24 Hours Notice is required to obtain credit for a cancellation. Students are charged for no-shows and same-day cancellations, but JC Music will excuse up to three same-day emergency cancellations within a calendar year. We still require 2 hours notice in order to receive these emergency credits, to allow time for the instructor to be contacted. If your instructor needs to cancel a lessons, we will either attempt to reschedule the lesson for you or you will receive a credit lesson.
- Lessons represent our instructors’ occupations, and we are only able to secure our high quality faculty members by providing them with consistent schedules; when you enroll in lessons, you have reserved that instructor’s time and the store’s studio. If you must miss a lesson, a make-up lesson may be scheduled at your teacher’s discretion and availability.
- Lessons are taught in our spacious, comfortable studios, located in our on-site Education Center.
- Music is a performing art and JC Music encourages all students to perform in our biannual student showcase concerts. We have a themed showcase every March and hour our popular Spooktacular showcases every October.
- The average age for children to start lessons is 7 years old, but it is NEVER too late for an adult to start music lessons! We will start children as young as age 4 for violin or piano lessons.
- Students provide their own instruments, with the exception of piano or drums. We do provide amplifiers.
- JC Music chooses a Student of the Month who will be featured on our website and added to our archived Galleries.
- For cancellations due to inclement weather, your account will be credited or you may request to see if a rescheduled day and time is available. We also have JC Music text alerts: to opt in, text “jcmusic” to 84483, or you can opt in to receive alerts by email at RainedOut.com under the Group Name “JC Music”. Our cancellations are posted online with Channel 8 and WFSB.com under “Business Closings.” If we have not posted a weather cancellation, you should assume that lessons will proceed as scheduled, however we will still credit or reschedule your lesson if you need to cancel because you do not feel safe traveling to the store that day, but ONLY if we receive your call prior to the scheduled lesson time. Please note that our program is in no way connected to any school closings.
- 60 Days notice will be provided by JC Music regarding any future changes to our lesson rates. These changes will be posted by our front counter, in our JC’s Cafe area and in the waiting room.
JC Music Unlimited Personal Release Agreement for Student Showcases
For consideration which acknowledge, signing this release grants to JC Music and JC Music’s assigns, licensees and successors the right to record, photograph, publish, stream live, broadcast, distribute, exhibit, digitize, copyright, license, transfer with or without consideration, reproduce, edit, or otherwise use my name (or the child’s name, for whom I am the legal guardian), biographical information, recorded voice, or video, photograph, likeness and/or performance in print, television, radio, electronic media and all other forms of media now known or hereafter invented. I agree that such use may be for any purpose at JC Music’s discretion, including with limitation, education, trade or any commercial purpose throughout the world and in perpetuity. JC Music is permitted, although not obligated, to include my name (or the child’s name) as a credit in connection with such use.
I also release JC Music and JC Music’s assigns, licensees and successors from any claims that may arise regarding the use of my image (or the child’s image), name (if authorized), biographical information and/or voice including any claims of defamation, invasion of privacy, or infringement of moral rights, rights of publicity or copyright. I have no right of approval or inspection and no claim for compensation arising out of or in connection with any use, alteration, or use in any composite form hereunder. JC Music is not obligated to exercise any of the rights granted in this Agreement. I have read and understood the foregoing and I am over the age of 18. This Agreement expresses the complete understanding of the parties.